Monday, July 1, 2013

Gluten-Free Pizza

I was super excited to see that The Pie offered GF pizza.  They have a designated GF kitchen area to avoid cross contamination.  GF pizza crust is hard to get right and they aren't getting right.  It is not made in house and I guess my expectations were too high.  I asked for vegan cheese and was told it wasn't an option with the GF pizza.  The boy taking the order didnt know why.  I would guess cost plays a factor.  It would be too much to ask for a GF and dairy- free pizza.

 It tasted all right but I wasn't impressed enough to get it again.  At $20.00 for a 14" ( the only available size) it isn't worth just a " so so" pizza.  The edges were badly burnt and the middle was soggy (a plight know to everyone who ever tried to make a GF pizza).  The cheese separated from the crust and slid right off.

Im always glad to have more options and am happy that they are trying.  My suggestions for improvement would be to do a home made dough and cook it more evenly on a lower heat.  Less greasy cheese and vegan options ( they have them) and a lower price.

No comments:

Post a Comment