Friday, May 18, 2012

Cooking Day 5/18/2012

Today was hectic for a day off work.  We are still working on final projects and tests with school and I did laundry and went to exercise in the morning and went grocery shopping.  Before I started feeling better, I would have only been able to do one of those things.  It says a lot about paleo eating that I am now able to do so many of those things all in one day.

For my meals this week I cooking hamburger patties, a batch of taco hamburger meat, a batch of sloppy joe hamburger meat, regular hamburger meat to use for spaghetti, pork chops, steaks, chicken and roast.  It sounds like a lot, but I use it for Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner. 

Along with the protein, I made brussel sprouts, broccoli and spinach.  I made individual meals with a fist-size piece of meat and a big spoon of vegetable (good vegetable carbohydrate).  I cooked the meat in olive oil and drizzled the vegetables with coconut oil and some pepper, onion powder and garlic powder.

The steak and spinach will be used in the mornings with a scrambled egg or made into an omelet. All of the others can be used as lunch, snack, or dinner at home or at work.  It is so easy to just grab a meal.  I often take a few to work and just keep them there in case I forget to grab one on the way out the door.

Cooking day makes the rest of the week go smoothly and it makes it much easier to eat healthy.  If I get hungry, I have lots of good choices.  It also makes it easy to feed my son.  I can take the protein and vegetable and warm it up while I make him some mashed potatoes and gravy and he has a home cooked meal that was easy for me to provide. 

No comments:

Post a Comment