Thursday, May 17, 2012

"Ring of Fire" Annular Eclipse of the Sun

Sunday is a special day because we are going to experience an annular eclipse.  People in Southern Utah will be able to see the eclipse and I wish, wish , wish I didn't have to work.  I would go down to Zion National Park and climb to the top of Angel's landing to view the eclipse.

The eclipse with be partially viewed from SLC, so I will have to settle for that.  www.lunarplanner.com has all the details.  It will start at 6:18pm with the maximum coverage at 7:29pm and end at 8:32pm.

Sun glasses aren't strong enough to view an eclipse, so there are alternative options.  www.exploratorium.edu.  A welding mask will work, if you have one handy.

Breakfast today was scrambled eggs with spinach cooked in coconut oil with a Tbsp of green curry mixed in.  A small glass of unsweetened coconut milk finished of my triangle of health (protein/good fat/good vegetable carb).

No comments:

Post a Comment