Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Banana Bread

Banana Bread is something I love and crave and often make for part of my cheat meal away from the Paleo diet. It is best right as it comes out of the oven with butter slathered on it and reaches perfection if it is the end piece.

I made mini-muffins with some of the batter this time and my son ate them all within a day.  There is something cute and tasty about a mini-muffin which makes them irresistible.  He kept asking if they were really gluten free.  Yes! (with a double fist pump).

Banana Bread
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix dry ingredients and set aside:

2 cups gluten free flour (I prefer Pamela's gluten free baking mix)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt

Cream eggs and sugar and then add the rest of the ingredients and then slowly add in the dry mixture.

1 cup sugar
2 eggs
4 ripe bananas
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup oil  (coconut oil is my choice)
1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)

Bake according to the size of your pan.  Bread pan, 1 hour.  Mini-muffins, 10-15 minutes.

To make a delectable dessert, spread cream cheese frosting on them and go ahead and die happy.

My roommate has so many great baking items and there was a mini-muffin pan from Pampered Chef in  her cupboard which was still in the plastic wrapping.  I made a regular bread loaf pan and then put a tablespoon of batter into the mini-muffin tin.  Interesting fact I read on the instruction sheet; put water in empty tins if you don't have enough batter and dark tins require less heat.  I learn something new every day!



       






No comments:

Post a Comment