Friday, February 10, 2012

Lab Results

After eating paleo for this long and watching my diet, I expected my lab results to be pretty darn good.  I wasn't disappointed.  The one black mark is that my thyroid is a little low (TSH is testing above normal at 6.18H) but I am not surprised as it is a family problem and it was going to rear its ugly head at some point. Doc recommended medication, but I will do some research first and see what I can do naturally.  Any suggestions?

Total cholesterol is 171 (normal is under 200).  My triglycerides are amazing at 73 (normal under 150).  Good cholesterol HDL is 42 and should be above 40.  Bad cholesterol LDL is 114 and should be under 100, so a little off.  I wish I had a baseline from before I started eating paleo for comparison.

Everything else is testing perfectly, including my kidney tests.  I have an appointment scheduled with my nephrologist to do further testing, but my kidneys are really doing well on a gf/paleo diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment