Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Garlic Chicken and Vegetables - Chinese Take Out

I have a few restaurants where I feel secure eating because I know I will not get sick.  There is a strip-mall Chinese place I love which is so, so good and reasonably priced, especially if I pick up the lunch special.

They don't know how to spell and apparently do not have a proof reader because with every menu there is a new and even more hilarious error.  The latest menu advertises "Restanrant" instead of restaurant and they offer gralic chicken, which I think is a Gaelic dish with Chinese influence.

Regardless of spelling errors, they know how to cook and they can spell the whole menu wrong as long as they keep offering gluten-free delicious food. 

The Egg Foo Yung (savory omelet made with choice of meat and veggies) and the Mai Fun (rice noodle dish) are delicious but my favorite is the garlic chicken (or gralic chicken until they change the menu).  They know me well and are very accommodating when I order extra vegetables with no rice or sesame chicken with no breading.

Side note: One of the cooks, not sure if male or female, looked beat to hell the first few times I was there.  I thought maybe s/he was a cage fighter or did martial arts or was the victim of a hate crime/domestic violence because her/his face was so beat up.  After a month when the coloring didn't change and I got a better look, I realized it was a birth mark.  I was happy no one was beating up my favorite Chinese cook and also felt grateful that my physical maladies are on the inside and not worn on my face. 

So I order garlic chicken, no rice, extra vegetables and I have a complete and perfect paleo meal.

1 comment: