Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Orange Chicken

When I need an easy, tasty meal I often turn to a variation of this Chicken dish.


Add to the crockpot:
2 chicken breasts (chicken thighs work well too)
2 Tablespoons Orange Fruit Spread
1 Tablespoon Tamari

Cook on High for 5 hours or low for 8.

Shred the chicken with a fork.
Add in:
1 Package of Mixed Frozen Stir-fry Vegetables
1/2 head of chopped cabbage

Mix well and let cook for an additional 1/2 hour until vegetables are warm through.


As you can see, I tossed some cashews in the mix.

This is a "cheat" meal for us considering the Tamari and fruit spread. I haven't yet tried it with Raw Coconut Aminos. The fruit spread, while heavy on the carbs, has no refined sugar or HFCS and delivers a fantastic orange flavor.

1 comment:

  1. Yum! It looks so good. I will have to buy Tamari (never had it) and fruit spread but I am going to try it right away. LOVE THE CROCKPOT IDEAS!

    ReplyDelete