Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pancakes

Wow.  These pancakes are delicious.  My son gobbled them down.  I have finally found a way to get him to eat eggs.  They taste like banana bread.

     1 banana
     1 teaspoon almond butter
     1 egg
     Add cinnamon or other spices if you wish

Blend the ingredients and slowly cook on the stove top on low heat in a non-stick pan. 
(I doubled the recipe and used my blender and it looked like a smoothie).

I cooked half of the pancakes with butter and half with coconut oil to see what the difference would be in taste.  I loved them both and they both cooked well.  Remember not to use more than a teaspoon of coconut oil as it absorbs quickly into the pancake.  Keep in mind that butter from pasture-fed cows, as opposed to grain-fed cows, is the best choice.


If I had a crepe machine, I would want to add more egg and make nice, thin crepes with this recipe and roll them up with yummy fillings.  I want to keep experimenting with different flavors and mixtures because this is just so good.

It is an excellent snack or meal anytime and fulfills the triangle of health we shoot for with protein (egg), good carbs (banana) and good saturated fat (coconut oil or butter).

1 comment:

  1. Did you use just one Teaspoon of almond butter? Or one Tablespoon?

    ReplyDelete