Saturday, December 15, 2012

Healthcare

I am very stressed out over my upcoming surgery and found out last night that the procedure is considered pre- existing if it is within the first year of coverage.

My coverage started January 1, 2012 so I am a few weeks shy of a year. It's bullshit. Even Aflac only has a six month pre- existing condition clause. I have to call back Monday morning and speak with a special authorization team to see if they will allow an exception.

I'm very annoyed that I have to beg for a surgery I need which was diagnosed within the last two weeks and through which I have been suffering for a few months. Obamacare isn't looking so bad.

I'm going to crawl back in bed and feel extra sorry for myself and stress over it until Monday. I may have to wait until the first of the year and that makes me miserable. I would cry if I could. Maybe I will watch the movie Beaches or listen to some country music to get the tears flowing. Any suggestions for getting tears started?

No comments:

Post a Comment