Monday, December 17, 2012

You hope you are malignant?

I faxed in my appeal to the authorization team and called to verify it was received. I confirmed that it was denied because of the procedure itself. Within the first year of coverage there are certain procedures which are not approved.

I am having my Dr. Send them the results of my biopsy to see if there are any cancerous or pre-cancerous cells. If the biopsy showed a malignancy then it is a life- threatening condition and the surgery tomorrow will be approved. For a few moments, I hoped that I was malignant just to get the surgery done.

I don't want to have cancer cells in my body. My immune system is too sad to deal with aggressive cancer cells.

After speaking with the authorization team and finding out it generally takes 72 hours at least and usually two weeks for an appeal to be approved, it is looking more like I will be waiting until after the first of the year for my surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment