Monday, December 17, 2012

Surgery Saga

Surgery is happening tomorrow at 11:30.  Dr. has provided the documentation necessary to the authorization team.  He does not approve of waiting until after the first of the year.  Fingers crossed that it will be enough for the approval.  Either way, the surgery will get done and I won't have an extra few weeks off work to worry about.

It is the insurance company policy to deny certain procedures during the first year of coverage.  They are not trying to say my condition is a pre-existing condition, only that the procedure is not covered within the first year of signing up for coverage.  I hope they will make the exception and may regret the decision not to wait the extra few weeks to make sure it is covered.  I have already lost most of my mind from the pain and discomfort and bleeding and am quite sure I will lose my sanity if I wait until after the first of the year.

Meals are made and in the freezer and Judith and Leon are making home made chicken soup for me.  Everything I have read about recovery is about eating bone broth because it helps healing.  I will be drinking lots of green tea with coconut oil and eating chicken soup with bone marrow.  That will be my forced diet until I feel like eating normally.

Because I don't feel good, I made easy meals to prepare to be down and out for a few weeks.  I used individually portions meats which were easy to bake in the oven, pork chops, salmon, chicken and baked them all together and then paired them with frozen vegetables cooked in steamer bags.  Add some butter or oil when heating and it is a perfect paleo meal to help with recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment