Thursday, December 6, 2012

Hot Lava

I have joined the world of technology and now have an iPhone. It is making it easier to check email and keep my blog updated and I am enjoying it.
What I am not enjoying is being sick. Test are done and I have uterine fibroids (non-cancerous tumors in my uterus). I have a surgical consult next week and must decide on a full or partial hysterectomy. I am leaning toward taking everything out .
I have been trying to eat SCD ( special carbohydrate diet) but it has proven to be difficult for me. I need a good cheat day to at least eat some sugar if not rice products. What is left of my soul shrivels up and hides when I eat too strictly.
No matter how I eat I seem to get a new health problem anyway so it makes it hard to have the desire to be healthy. My current problem is excessive menstrual bleeding with cramps x10. I'm miserable and cranky and just mad. Surgery freaks me out and I don't know how long I will be off work to recover.
I have hope that I will feel better soon and know that a positive attitude makes healing easier. It is really hard for me to find that positive feeling. Humor certainly makes it better and a co- worker, after hearing me compare my bleeding to a volcanic lava flow, called me lava crotch. I certainly am a hot lava mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment