Monday, December 31, 2012

New Year

The new year begins in less than five minutes.  I am hearing fireworks and watching snow fall softly past the street light and it looks like silver glitter.  I worked and then came home with a bad headache to the warmth of my bed.

I remember new year celebrations past with fondness.  We would play games and make treats, sometimes even molasses candy on top of newly fallen snow?  We would write in our journals and bang pots and pans and watch fireworks if any of our neighbors were rich enough to have them.

Later, as a tween, we would stay up as long as possible hopped up on Mountain Dew and mystery meals we made with whatever ingredients we could find.  As a teen, we worked-under the table-back in the kitchen at a catering company.  We would have left over food and I remember eating myself sick on steak and shrimp.

I hope the new year brings a safe and healthy year for me and everyone.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment