Sunday, January 8, 2012

Seattle, WA

Best.  Flight. Ever.  I flew to Seattle, WA to visit my sisters and was on the day care special plane.  There was a screaming kid in front and in back of me and I was seated next to the worst kid on the plane.    The demon child was having a full-on melt down, screaming and kicking and punching.  We hated each other immediately. 

The Mom of this irrational toddler came well prepared and had a DVD player with movies, toys and snacks, but the temper tantrum queen wasn’t buying in to the preparation.  Finally, after take off and she could sit on her own, she was tearing apart her Mom’s purse and found a maxi pad.  She started to unwrap the maxi pad and her embarrassed Mom took it from her and tried to put it away.  Demon toddler ramped up her game and started shrieking hysterically, so with a big sigh her Mom gave in and handed her back the maxi pad. 

She really enjoyed the sticky backing of the maxi pad and stuck it on the chair in front of her, on the fold-down table and on the window over and over and over.  Her poor Mom was so embarassed.  Sister satan then had the bright idea that the maxi pad was like the best piece of sticky paper she had ever seen and got her markers and started working on her art piece.  She decorated the maxi pad with every color and shape she knew.  With each new unrecognizable picture, she would look over to me and I would clap my hands lightly and say "YAY!" in a stage whisper.  It was the greatest piece of art ever.

We were best friends by the end of the flight.  I shared my life savers with her.




2 comments:

  1. Did it look like this?
    http://ifunny.mobi/#3604654

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAA! That is hilarious. Yes, it was exactly like that, only more colorful.

    ReplyDelete