Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Birthday Cake

Gluten-free cakes and baked goods have come a long way.  It is now possible to buy ready-made mixes which actually taste pretty good.  We had gluten-free cupcakes this weekend at a baby shower celebration and they were delicious.  I didn't feel a need to make cupcakes or a cake for myself for my Birthday today because I already had eaten delicious baked goods over the weekend.

I had to work today and one of my co-workers, a beautiful woman I was in training with and have worked with for the past two years, made me a flourless chocolate cake with chopped pistacio nuts.  My supervisor brought chocolates and gluten-free cookies, UDI chocolate chip, which were delicious and tasted like soft cookies or yummy cookie dough. 

It was so nice of everyone to think of me and my food allergies.


No comments:

Post a Comment