Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Green Chili Chicken

     The body is an amazing mesh of systems and organs working together.  My son asked me if he could have barbeque chicken for breakfast yesterday and it made me smile.  His body got a taste of eating protein in the morning and now his body is craving protein first thing when he wakes up.  He has always been a little odd on that front, asking for tuna fish sandwiches for breakfast as a young boy.  Maybe I just make great barbecue chicken, but it made me happy that he is making choices for his body that will help him be healthy.
     I didn't have time to take pictures of my green chili chicken.  I grabbed the crock pot, turned it to low, poured in a box or organic chicken stock, added two cans of green chilis and put in two large, frozen, boneless chicken breasts.  Four hours later, I had tasty, tender, green chili chicken.  I made a salad with veggies and avocado to make sure I had my triangle of health (good protein, vegetable carbohydrate and good, saturated fat) and my paleo, gluten-free dinner was done with little effort.
     Odd thing:  I purchased chicken legs (drumsticks) the other day and almost every leg was broken.  It made me sad and creeped me out.  Were the legs broken before the poor things died?  Why were so many broken?  Why would you package all the broken ones together?  It felt really weird to pick up a chicken leg and have it flop around.  I'm glad my son wanted to eat those chicken legs because I couldn't get over my psychological gross-out.

No comments:

Post a Comment