Sunday, December 18, 2011

Lettuce wraps with chicken or tuna, Chicken Salad Sandwich, Tuna Salad Sandwich,

I have never liked the taste or texture of mayonnaise, but I am going to try the recipe Gilbert Gardner posted.  I would be ecstatic about making my own delicious ranch dressing.   I am learning to like things that I haven't liked before but I usually take the easy, quick route. 

I love canned chicken and tuna fish and a yummy, salad wrapped tuna salad sandwich or chicken salad sandwich is one of my favorite meals or snacks. 

Instead of mayonnaise, I use guacemole to mix in with the meat and add seasonings and pickles to taste.  I like to use guacemole as my mayonnaise.  If I have avocados, I will make my own guacemole.  There is also an easy, pre-packaged guacemole in one-person serving packs which works great as well.



If I am eating gluten free, I will make a sandwich with UDI's bread or us the mixture like a dip and eat it with gf crackers. 


If I am eating paleo, I wrap the mixture in lettuce and enjoy a true salad sandwich.

Either way, it is an excellent way to get lean protein, good fat and all I am missing is my vegetable.



1 comment:

  1. Brilliant to use Guac! I never thought about doing that.
    Do try the homemade mayo... it is so much better than the canned stuff you may find you do like it!
    I think I would like to try making it with some avocado oil perhaps. I have tried it with regular EVOO, and she is right, light tastes much better.

    ReplyDelete