Friday, December 30, 2011

Tea

I went to my first tea service today at Grand America hotel.  It was delightful.  I had planned to go with my friend for her Birthday and was not expecting gluten free food to be available.  I learned my lesson that it never hurts to ask before you go.   They did have gluten free items, but because I had not warned them ahead of time, my food came twenty minutes after everyone else was served. 
 There were three different sandwiches.  They had used a cookie cutter and cut out rounds and put a cheese spread on top with thin slices cucumbers and a green olive.  It tasted great.  The second sandwich was a ham and cheese blend, much like a chicken salad mix, and the third sandwich was a slice of cheese, ham and a bitter currant jam.  It was different, but still good.
 Everyone got a personal tea pot and there were many choices of green, black and fruit teas as well as hot chocolate and steamed milk options.
The room is beautiful with Victorian-style furniture and a cozy fire place and a harp player.  It was a nice experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment